The Right Way to Survive a Slow Business Season

The Right Way to Survive a Slow Business Season

Initiating a new business and watching it move up the ladder is undoubtedly a great feeling. As the sales go up, entire staff remains quite busy. It is true a little bit of relaxation is significant, though when the business experiences offseason, that downtime can become a big burden. Getting business on the right track during the offseason can become difficult but not entirely impossible. It may require some critical thinking, strong perception and a certain level of perseverance. Though, an investigation of the ways will be needed to make use of a slow season. It is undoubtedly vital for business success.  

Explore the Reason for Moving Slower than Snail

Every company experiences slow periods, even if they do not have a seasonal business. The source of the slowdown is not difficult to anticipate. Though, sometimes business slows down unexpectedly. An assessment of cause can be challenging for the company. However, without knowing the actual reason for the slowdown, the remedy cannot be figured out.

The first step in this regard could be checking social media. It is not just the social media presence of the company itself that needs to be assessed, but even of the competitors as well. If the competing business operations have also slowed down, then its impact is felt across the entire industry. On the other hand, if you belong to an online B2B Marketplace, the competitors are running their business well, then something related to the company needs recovery. It can help in preparing certain preventive measures that can help in future to make things better than before.  

Establishing Buzz and Building Excitement for On-Peak Season

Even if your business has experienced a downturn, this must not discourage you from having engagement with your customers throughout the year. There is no need to go dormant just because it is off-season. Things can get better once the season starts again. However, even during the off-season, the company can deploy tactics to maintain strong buzz among the customers. For instance:

  • Events: Participating in a local event can bring your brand in front of the customer mind, even if it is not the right time for shopping.
  • Social Media Campaigns: Social media channels are useful in engaging with customers. Creating a wise off-season hashtag or even a contest is suitable in creating a hype for your any product or service.
  • Discounts: The popular off-season marketing method is offering discounts. It even encourages customers to buy items, making them believe that they are saving money.

Utilize Off-Season Period for Non-routine Tasks

During the busy business period, you don’t get time for many different tasks.  This is the reason why when the not-so-busy-schedule would start; you can fill it with non-routine tasks. Many companies utilize their off-peak months to perform administrative tasks.

42% of marketers feel that they struggle to achieve their marketing goals. However, once the off-season is appropriately utilized by reorganizing some of the business operations, companies can find themselves in the remaining 58% of marketers that are doing quite well.

 SEO is a marketing priority for 61% of the companies. According to a study conducted in 2017 by Higher Visibility, 50% of the firms holds a basic understanding of search optimization. It can be said that the off-season can be used by many companies to provide training to employees about crucial business concepts, this in turn will lead to a better output when the business is back in pace.

Anticipating an End of a Lull Period

One of the major strategies that can be very useful for any business is to know when the lull period would end. Calculating the end of this slow season can help the business to make most of their downtime. By looking at past data, companies can easily anticipate both their busiest and slowest months. However, companies need to remain vigilant before the start of an unexpected lull period.

Conclusion

Slow periods just do not occur because of extremely fewer sales. Many businesses struggle because they do not prepare well for the slowdown or fail to make use of the opportunities that off-season can provide for business activities. To ensure long-term well-being of the business, it is vital to know the ways through which downturns can be handled. Every business need to explore resourceful ways to encourage growth and continue working towards company goals.  

Tom Spiggle
ADMINISTRATOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos